Is there a vehicle parked on your private property in Burnaby or New Westminster? An unauthorized vehicle taking up space can be frustrating to say the least. Especially when it’s in cities like these where every inch of parking space is valuable. However, there are solutions available to cut the stress and remove unwanted cars from your property.
What is Private Property Towing?
If someone has decided to use your private property as their own personal parking lot, there are safe and effective ways to remove this unwanted vehicle. But what is private property towing?
It’s the act of removing a vehicle off private property. While this seems quite straightforward, there are regulations in place to protect the rights of both car and property owners. To have a vehicle towed off private property, a towing company must be licensed and certified to do so. It’s always a good idea to do your research to ensure you’re working with an authorized and trusted tow truck company.
Towing an Unwanted Vehicle?
Your best solution to having an unauthorized vehicle removed from your property is to call a towing company. They will be happy to assist in the safe, quick, and efficient removal of unwanted vehicles.
If you’re in need of a trusted towing company in Burnaby or New Westminster, our team at Mundie’s Towing and Recovery have the qualifications to safely tow any size of vehicle from your private property. We can provide a range of services to assist with common towing issues such as:
- Fire lanes
- Handicap stalls
- Time restrictions
- Visitor’s parking
- Loading zones
- Reserved stalls
- No parking/ overnight parking zones
- Private property lots
Cost of Private Property Towing?
If the vehicle parked on your private property is insured, the cost of removal is the registered car owner’s responsibility. However, in the case of any abandoned uninsured vehicles, there is a $100.00 fee to be paid at the time of removal. Learn more about our private property towing program here.
How to Avoid Getting Towed?
Perhaps you’re not a property owner, but a driver trying to avoid a tow. If you’re unsure of where you can legally park in the city, here are a few common reasons why vehicles are towed from private property:
- Signs. When parking, be sure to look out for signs that indicate parking violations. Most are very clear but still manage to get missed (or ignored) by certain drivers. A single sign in a lot gives the property owner the right to remove a vehicle at the owner’s expense. If there is a sign stating no parking, there’s a good chance your vehicle won’t be there when you come back. To avoid the towing and recovery fees, double check for signs to ensure you’re authorized to park there.
- Parking Violations. There are many areas where parking is a no-go and are prone to towing removal. Obviously, you should not be parking on nor blocking a stranger’s driveway. Construction zones, handicap spots, and private lots are off limits unless you have the authorization to do so. Furthermore, an accumulation of parking fines could also lead to the towing of your vehicle. If parked on private property, you risk being towed at your own expense. Therefore, best be cautious, responsible, and respectful with your parking.
- Hazard. If your vehicle is parked in a spot that compromises the safety of drivers, pedestrians, or cyclists, it will need to be towed. Parking in areas such as highways, roundabouts, major streets, fire lanes, no parking zones, etc. could be dangerous to others.
- Safety Regulations. Did you know that if your vehicle is parked on private property and breaks safety regulations, it can become the lawful possession of the property owners? If your vehicle lacks an identification number or is missing essential parts making it unsafe to drive, it may get towed. If your car broke down on private property, be sure to arrange a tow yourself within 24 hours to move the vehicle.
Your Towing Company
When looking to remove unwanted vehicles from your private property, there’s no better team to call than Mundie’s Towing and Recovery. Our highly trained technicians will arrive on your property quickly and with all the necessary equipment to handle the job. Reach out today to learn more about how we can help manage the security of your private property.